Thursday, October 15, 2015

Paragraph Analysis II

This post is in reflection of my rhetorical essay on the article I have been analyzing in the past several posts. If you do not recall, here in the link to that article. Author, Brad Plumer interviews climate scientist David Keith on the matter of geoengineering the environment. He focuses in on questions that relate to the method of solar geoengineering the atmosphere to alter climate thus predicting a solution to the planet's global warming problem.

As I have stated, this post is a reflection to my writing. Here is the link to my paragraph analysis of my original and unedited writing that I had posted several blog posts prior to this one. Enjoy.

Steve Hardy. "evil bathroom reflection." 02/13/2008 via Flickr. Public Domain Dedication.
 
Reading over my rhetorical essay multiple times over and conducting a paragraph analysis helped point out my own errors and issues with the information I presented both grammatically and textually. A major weakness that was contained in my essay was the lack of analysis of the effectiveness of the article author's interview. Another weakness included the lack of knowledge on how to integrate and use commas, which once understood, helped tremendously. A strength to my essay was its ability to present the information with a good deal of support to the subject and have a good amount evidence to show a reader that the events told do indeed occur. Overall, I would categorize my original essay as a 5 out of 10, while my revised essay with a new introduction and a new conclusion would increase its ability to portray a sense of effectiveness in teaching my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment