Friday, October 23, 2015

Audience and Genre

This post will explore the possibilities that my argument can be found in. It will present a couple of audiences that can serve to follow my argument and it will give examples of places I can possible publish my work where my audiences will be able to find it and read it.

Roy Blumenthal. "Research Strategy Design." 07/28/2008 via Flickr. Public Domain Dedication.

Audiences will most likely be the following two populations: engineering students at university and current scientists and engineers following the controversy. Students in engineering majors will find the argument interesting and want to learn more as they are now on their own journeys to find innovation and ideas for their work in the future. Scientists and engineers following the controversy may want to learn the insight of others opinions on the topics as they most likely already know the background and have their own views. If a supporter reads my argument, they will find it intriguing and helpful in aiding in advocating for the methods employed in geoengineering. On the other hand, if an opposer to the same methods reads my argument, they will find it absurd that I have chosen to side on the other, and will call me invalid and non-credible and non-reliable.

Two locations I could publish my research to, catering to engineering students, could be either the more broad website, Access Engineering, a digital document library that serves as a database containing thousands of engineering-based reports, or I could post my argument to Engineering.com, a website thats sole purpose is to educate and to inform readers on the topics that they provide and on the events in the current news.

Two locations I could publish my research to, catering to scientists and engineers following the controversy, could be either The Institute of Engineering and Technology's journal website, www.theiet.org, or the American Chemical Society's website, www.acs.org. The Institute of Engineering and Technology contains thousands of engineering journals that millions of people view annually, making it a source that will get my argument read. The American Chemical Society also contains journals as well as other sources of information to help inform readers of the topics submitted to the Society. The site caters to professionals, but can also cater to engineering students as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment