Thursday, September 24, 2015

Identifying Basic Grammar Patterns

Structuring a paragraph is very important the the lesson of learning how to write. Utilizing what one may learn from analyzing a paragraph will help in the long run of formatting an entire essay or paper with the correct style of writing.


PDPics. "Grammar Magnifier Magnifying Glass Loupe Book." 2014 via pixabay. Public Domain Dedication.

In the Google Document I will link in this post, I have analyzed my largest paragraph in my quick reference guide. If you recall, I have posted my QRG on my blog in the past (Here is the link to that).

In the Google Document, titled "Longest Paragraph for 109H," I have broken down the paragraph into the following grammar types:

  • parts of speech
  • sentence patterns
  • subordinate word groups
  • sentence structures
  • sentence purposes
For the link to my document containing my analyzation, please click here.

Analyzing my paragraph made me realize that there are many different ways to format an essay. Being tedious about what you include in a paper can make it better than what it would turn out if you had quickly drafted some thoughts together and turned it in. After learning about what I can do to make my writing style better, I now want to make my products, namely my QRG, the best they can possibly result in.


No comments:

Post a Comment