Saturday, December 5, 2015

Revisiting My Writing Process

This new post will focus on reflecting on my previous writing thoughts before taking this course. I will draw from my two very first blog posts ever, "My Writing Process" and "Calendar Reflection." In this post, I will explain how my perspective on my own writing process and time management had either changed or not.

Brain POP. "The Writing process." 05/17/2010 via Flickr. Public Domain Dedication.

From my very first two blog posts, I wrote about my writing process and my upcoming college semester. I stated that I considered my self a heavy reviser and a sequential composer when it comes to my writing style. I'll have to say, after taking this English course, that I am still those same two traits. This class has better improved my traits as a writer.

I still consider myself a terrible writer, but now I have the experience of writing in other genres, such as within this blog. I had no idea how to even create one before this class and now I have posted 60+ individual updates to my blog. As for my success, I would say this process has helped in my survival throughout this semester.

Looking over my "Calendar Reflection," I noticed my statement, "I've already felt the stress-sweat trickle down my face." This statement is not as true as it was that first several weeks of school. Once I learned to time manage, this class did not seem as stressful as it felt then. Not to say that it is not difficult, it is really difficult, but now I've learned to organize my posts for each deadline so I do not have to cram it all in one day.

Overall, I feel this first semester was a great experience for the future to come. I am excited to see what each semester brings to the table and how I learned to solve the difficult problems of life as a university student.




No comments:

Post a Comment