Saturday, December 5, 2015

Reflecting More on My Writing Experiences

In this post, I will answer questions regarding some additional information about my semester in the Honor English 109H course. These questions will be answered by myself and my looking at the writing I have completed for this class.

Specious. "A ball point pen in use." 07/19/2008 via Wikimedia. Public Domain Dedication.


1. What were the biggest challenges you faced this semester, overall?

As a weak writer in general, the biggest challenges during this semester mainly came from my lack of creativity when it comes to writing. I found myself struggling with writing effective and purposeful pieces to fulfill the requirements of each project and even sometimes each assignment.

2. What did you learn this semester about your time management, writing and editorial skills?

Out of these three skills, I would have to say that I learned to time manage much more effectively than before taking this class. The weekly deadlines kept me on track and made me want to work ahead just so I would not have to cram all the assignments into one day. My writing and editorial skills have undoubtedly improved, but I would not say by much. If anything, my editorial skills improved more so than my writing capabilities.

3. What do you know about the concept of 'genre'? Explain the importance of this concept.

I had not much clue what a genre of a paper was before taking this class, but now, after taking this class and having the concepts drilled into my head, I can say that I have learned the importance of effective writing for a specific genre. Knowing the genre of your essay could help an author connect with their readers as well as effectively convey the information they need.

4. What skills from this course might you use further in the next few years of college?

The skills I have acquired from this class are not plentiful but are a limited few. Of the few, I will be able to use a portion of what I have learned to better my writing in the future for additional college usage. I do not see myself using my writing 'skills' a large amount but just enough to scrap by as an engineering student.

5. What was your most effective moment from this semester in English 109H?

The most effective moments were the Q & A sessions during class over each project. This helped me the most by getting me to better understand what each project is asking for and how I should go about creating and finalizing each one as best I could.

6. What was your least effective moment from this semester in English 109H?

There were plenty of least effective moments for me during this semester, mainly the causes being myself. At the start of the course, I realized that my time management skills to begin with were trash and much better organization was needed for me to better my writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment