Saturday, August 29, 2015

Calendar Reflection

PublicDomainPictures. "Man Student College School Library Study Research." May 2014 via pixabay.
Public Domain Dedication.
It's only been one week through my four year college journey and I've already felt the stress-sweat trickle down my face. When people say that college is a life-changing experience they truly meant it. Not saying college is multi-year prison sentence, actually its quite the opposite. So far I've met so many new people and lived through so many new events; everything seems to be going swell.


The main idea that I am trying to convey is that college should be full of excitement. As I trudge through the the sixteen units I'm taking this semester with aspirations of gaining a degree in either chemical or biomedical engineering, I find that time-management is a must during my stay here at the University of Arizona.


From the time I wake up either at 6:30am or 9:00am depending on the day of the week, I know that I should be prepared for the day ahead. Trying to balance academics with a social life and other extracurricular activities is the goal for many and I am one of the many.


My plan throughout college is to stay on top of my work and create objectives daily for me to work through and complete by their deadlines. Something I've learned throughout school is to write EVERYTHING down. Even if it doesn't seem of any importance, it probably is.


Reflection

Reading through Savannah's blog, Blahg, and Alyssa's blog, Alyssa Bohland, I found myself intrigued by how much these girls have for this semester. Especially Savannah being able to balance 18 credits while being in a sorority and seeking an engineering degree. I almost want to say that she's crazy but I envy her dedication. Taking from their statements, I too hope to find a good balance between academics, a social life and any other extracurricular activities that may arise. I can easily say, the three of us all strive for a successful future.

2 comments:

  1. Nick,
    You are so right when it comes to writing everything down. I have also learned that my planner is my best friend in college, and I've only experienced a week of classes so far! Time management is also a must. College IS a life changing experience with meeting new people and being social yet also earning a degree and building a resume.
    I cannot relate to being prepared for waking up at 6:30AM. I thought 7:40 was early for me! It is important to go to class every day though, so you have to make that sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    First, I was happy to read that you are an engineering major, its always fun to meet another engineer.I couldn't agree more with writing everything down, I am a huge fan of to-do lists. Like Jessica said above, I don't think I can ever be okay with waking up at 6:40 for class. I am definitely not a morning person and anything before 8am is way to early for me. But good luck balancing the 16 credits with a social life; that's my goal too and it seems doable but challenging.

    ReplyDelete